Friday, January 17, 2014

Just Chillin' Blog Hop

Pin It
Welcome to the Just Chillin' Blog Hop
 

Join us as we celebrate National Penguin Awareness Day by showcasing projects featuring the fun black and white birds, Penguins!! 
Connie Can Crop (that's ME) is the first stop on this Chilly Willy Hop. Thanks so much for joining us!!

This is a one day blog hop and we appreciate your leaving a comment for all of these talented friends who are here sharing their ideas and creations. 
We have an awesome sponsor and giveaway for this hop!
 
 Cheryl will be giving one lucky winner a $10 shopping spree to her paper piecing store.
 
So what do you need to do to win? Easy... become  a follower of each of the fabulous blogs in this hop and leave each of them a  comment letting them know what you like best about their projects. 
 
Then come back to Connie Can Crop and post that you followed the rules.
You will have until 12:00 am Sunday to finish the hop and leave your comments. 
Winners will be announced on Wednesday at Connie Can Crop.
Be sure to follow everyone and leave a comment  along the way!
 
Grab your favorite hot beverage and a warm blanket because we are about to Chill Out!!

I could not resist creating this adorable mini album using a file from our very own sponsor, Creative Kutz. This was such a fun file to play with! He was all decked out for Christmas but I changed him up and made him perfect for Winter!


My Chilly Willy Penguin Album has the front and back cover as well as 4 inside pages.
He is 8 1/2 inches tall and about 7 1/2 inches wide. He was cut out very easily with my Cameo.


I used some glittery paper for his scarf and hat. Added some pop dots for dimension. Colored in some cheeks for him and used Glossy Accents on his eyes.


Here you can see all the pages spread out. I really like that I had some fun ribbon in my stash that matched the colors I used perfectly! Oh and I topped him all off with some fun black skittles from ABusyBee Creations.

I hope you love him as much I do! He's pretty darn cute!
 
 Up next is The fun and oh so talented Ellen (CardMonkey)
 
Here is our complete line up in case you get lost along the way.

20 comments:

  1. Ok I finished the hop - wonderful projects and ideas so i am already a winner! I have also became a follower on each blog. Love your little guy he looks warm and toasty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, this is so adorable, Connie!! How ever did you think of this? Thank you for having me on your Hop. I love the theme!

    Fondly,
    Ellen - CardMonkey
    Http://cardmonkeyspaperjungle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome mini album!! Love all of the colors you used

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable mini album!! Love the purple scarf :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Connie, your Chilly Willy album is adorable! I love the finishing touches you put on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penguins Unite - love the mini album with such a darling penguin - thank you so much for hosting the hop and hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is super cute! I love how you changed him and the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what an adorable mini album. I only have cricuts, but this would be a fun album.

    I'm already a follower of your blog.'
    Vickie Bryan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just finished the hop and really enjoyed seeing all the penguin projects. I'm have become new followers of the ones that I wasn't already following. thanks Connie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Mini is adorable!! Thanks so much for sharing.


    racincrafts at aim dot com
    racincrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute idea, I so want to make some mini albums. Thank you for organizing another great hop; I hope you get to feeling better soon!

    ~Beth
    http://thecraftyscrapyard.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great hop & penguin projects! I am a follower of all participants & left comments on all walls. =)
    Thanks Cheryl @ Creative Kuts for sponsoring this hop & Connie for organizing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Connie your album is adorable!! Christina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Connie your album is adorable!! Christina

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable penguin, Connie! I want to hug him! Thanks for a great hop. Although I follow almost everyone, I found 3new friends and blos to follow! Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute idea Connie! Love the penguin. Great hop. Got some cute ideas. Thanks for the invite.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an adorable penguin! You did a fabulous job, and I don't even understand how this all works!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE your sweet penguin album.
    He sure is a cutie.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets