Thursday, December 3, 2015

Oh Baby!

Pin It Hi, I'm Kim from Katydid Cards and I'm excited to share my first post as the newest member of the Connie Can Crop Design Team.

My projects were inspired by this month's sponsor, Betsy Flot, who has written several books each containing hundreds of pages of inspiration for your card making and scrap booking in the form of titles, quotes, verses and more.  Today I'm working from Progressions of Expressions, Volume 1

My first card is an adorable card-in-a-box to help celebrate the birth of a baby boy and I've paired it with a matching layered frame and a gift tag.  Both the card and frame have quotes found in Betsy's book.  The card-in-a-box was made with a cut file from My Casual Whimsy using Stampin' Up card stock and DSP.  The frame is another cut file from My Scrap Chick.  I made the tag using the rattle from the card and a base I made by welding several shapes together.

Oh, Baby 6

We certainly can't leave out little girls, now can we?  So I made a card for the birth of a baby girl as well.  I've been wanting to make this type of card for some time now and, since it reminds me of baby blocks, I thought this was the perfect time to try it!

Little Girls 1 

I made this card using a tutorial I found on YouTube.  It doesn't look it, but it was pretty easy to make.  The embellishments are a combination of Stampin Up digital images, Jolees stickers, letter beads, Recollections brad and items cut on my Silhouette.  The sentiment on the reverse is another found in Betsy's book.

And my wonderful family is so accommodating!  Just in time for this post, Justin and Sara  gave birth to a beautiful baby girl.  Meet Olive:

Olive

If you'd like to see more photos and details, stop by my blog.  And be sure to say hi!

And please don't forget the 41st Connie Can Crop Monthly Challenge!!  This month the theme is:

11898530_10155960693495274_6091647502773401056_n
You have until midnight Monday December 31st to link it up.
Thank you for stopping by.
KimVSignature

2 comments:

  1. How exciting to see my name up in light's on Connie's blog! I'm going to find out if Sara is a scrap booker....if so, wouldn't she just love one of Betsy's books. Going to have to find out! Can you say Christmas present???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome projects Kim!! Just love seeing that sweet baby too!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets