Thursday, April 28, 2016

Home Run

Pin It
 Hi there!

It's Kim from Katydid Cards and I'm happy to be sharing my Design Team project for Connie Can Crop today.  I'm using a cut file from our sponsor this month, The Cutting Cafe, who is generously giving two lucky winners three cut files of their choice.

With Spring in the air, it's time to think about things like...baseball!  Truth be told, I'm more into having a hot dog at the game than the game itself!  So I decided I would share a baseball card that's a real home run!
 

I used the Baseball and Bat Shaped Card Set to create this realistic base ball made from Real Red and Whisper White card stock from Stampin' Up.  It's on a base of real red as well.  I wanted to make the card beefier, so what pairs better with a base ball than a mitt?  I found clip art that served me well, sized, traced and cut it to create a nice backdrop to show off the base ball, which is the real star.  To finish off the front, I added a Real Red grosgrain bow and a bat shaped button.


I created a subway art type of panel for the inside as well at the sentiment and I think it finishes this card off nicely.


I haven't made the bat from this set, but I'm looking forward to it.  It's a cute as the base ball.

That's it for me today except to remind you there's still time to enter Connie Can Crop's Queen Bee challenge to make something with either a queen or a bee theme.  You have until April 30th, 12:00 PM PST.  And stop by Katydid Cards to say hello if you get the chance.
KimVSignature

5 comments:

  1. This is super cute! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. The mitt is a nice touch. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shaped card. the many sentiments printed paper is a great addition. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shaped card. the many sentiments printed paper is a great addition. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets