Thursday, May 19, 2016

Hare Raising Experience

Pin It
Hi there!
It's Kim from Katydid Cards and it's my day to share a project for Connie Can Crop.  This month we're featuring digital images created by Polkadoodles, who are generously sponsoring both the challenge and blog hop this month.  I'll talk more about that later, but now I'm eager to share my project with you as I think it's pretty darn cute.




I used the Pawly Sick Digital Download to create this card.  I thought the square shape of this image would work perfectly with this swing easel card.  I saw the tutorial for it at The Craft Spa and have made a few as I'm a big fan of fancy fold cards.


 I let the Ouchies digital patterned paper by NitWit Collections be my guide for picking the card stock I would use.  I used a blue by Bazzill for the base and accented it with the digital paper and Real Red and Whisper White mats.  I used scraps from DCWV for the band-aid.  I got the idea to use the band-aid as the centerpiece from the band-aid on the cute little hare's head.

I imported the image into my Silhouette and sized it to fit in the square.  I printed the balloon and slippers a second time and traced them, turning them into a print and cut.  I popped them with dimensionals and it was just the right touch for the image.  I colored the image with Copics.

I inserted the sentiment using the Cheddar Salad BTN font (free at DaFont).  I did some experimenting with placement as I wanted to be able to peek through the front to see the top line, but not the second line until you open the card.  There's a separate section behind the image for a personal message.  Here's what that looks like:


Here's the peek-a-boo portion of the sentiment


And here is the card opened, so you can see both lines of the sentiment and that bonus space:


The card folds flat for mailing in a square envelope:


I would hate for anyone I know to become sick, but I think this card should bring a smile...actually, all the images at Polkadoodles will bring a smile.  There's lots to see.
12669608_10156490280180274_1248143185045461010_n

And don't forget to join us for the Dads & Grads challenge still going on at Connie Can Crop.  You have until 12:00 pm PST on May 31st to enter.  One winner will be picked at random and receive a $15.00 voucher to Polkadoodles.
KimVSignature


2 comments:

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets