Tuesday, May 24, 2016

YouTube Tuesday-Printing and Coloring Digital Images

Pin It

Hello, it's Kim from Katydid Cards here with another YouTube Tuesday!  I have always enjoyed sharing some new technique I discovered with my stamping friends.  How great is it that Connie has given me the opportunity to share them with you on her blog.  It's a win-win.  And, if you like what I've shared, that would be a win-win-win!  Nothing better than that!

We are fortunate to have Polkadoodles as our sponsor this month for both the challenge and blog hop.  Two lucky people will win a $15.00 voucher to spend on the digital images or coloring pages of their choice.

My thought was that some of you may not have worked with digital images previously and still more may not feel comfortable working with them because it can be a little tricky to color, so the video I’m sharing with you today explains how to print and color digital images without smearing.  She talks a bit about what sort of printer you should get if you're in the market or what you can do as an alternative.


If you'd like to try using the water color pencil method she talks about, here are the paper stumps so you can take a closer look and here is the mineral spirits or Gamsol.  I purchased Gamsol many years ago after seeing it demonstrated at a Scrapbook Expo.  I finally decided to pull it out and use it and found it had evaporated down to nothing...yup, I had it THAT long.

I hope this inspires you to try using digital stamps either for the first time or more frequently as it certainly expands your options less expensively than rubber, cling or photopolymer stamps.  Check back for some of our Freebie Friday posts as there are some images there you can use to practice.


Don't forget to enter our monthly challenge.  You have until the31st at 12:00 midnight, PST to enter.



See you next week with another video.  If there's something in particular you'd like to see, please let me know in the comments section and I'll try to find the best of the available videos on that topic.

 http://katydidcards.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/KimVSignature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets