Thursday, July 13, 2017

To Go, Please

Pin It
Hi there folks!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards.

Today I'm sharing a card made with an image by our sponsor this month, Bugaboo Digi Stamps.  This particular image is called JJ- Coffee To Go.  I opted to go with a flip card:



To start I print and cut the mats using digital patterned paper from the Coffee Lover Kit by Digi Doodle Studio.  I color matched that to Bazzill card stock to cut the remaining mats and base.

I printed the focal image and the sentiment on Stampin' Up's Very Vanilla card stock.  I printed it on Whisper White first, but it was just too stark against the browns.  I colored the image using Copic markers with a bit of Glossy Accents on her glasses and shoes and the lid to the coffee cup.  A little sponging around the edges with some Soft Suede finished it off and I added it to the front with some mounting tape.




For those of you who don't know what a flip card is, here's a look at it down from the top.  You can see how, through several cleverly placed cuts and folds, the focal image flips when you open the card to reveal the sentiment on the other side.


 And here's the sentiment...which I love!  I know I have days where I wish that was on the menu!




I hope you've already entered a project in Connie Can Crop's monthly challenge.  The theme this month is, "Use Your Stash", so pretty much anything goes!


And don't forget our sponsor this month is Bugaboo Digi Stamps...wouldn't you love a chance to get your hands on a gift certificate to their store?  Well, here's your chance!


To link up your project or to obtain more information on the challenge, just click here.

4 comments:

  1. Gotta say this card is the best!! I love it! And it suits me so well!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! LOve your card! Got to say I could use one that size some days with this ingredients! Lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card. I love the sentiment. So much fun. Tfs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card and great fold.

    Sue
    https://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets