Saturday, July 5, 2014

Kiwi Lane My 1st DT Post

Pin It
here's the badge.  Sorry I had my hubby Aaron e-mail it to you earlier so it might have showed in your junk mail.  Can you pull it from here?

This is my very first post as a Design Team Member for Kiwi Lane Designs. I am so excited to share my love of Kiwi Lane products with you all. I hope I can inspire you to create fun projects using the templates we all love so much.
 
Today I would love to share with you a simple but sweet layout of my youngest son and our family dog. They are such good friends. It's quite endearing!
 
The first thing I did was decide what papers and embellishments I would like to use for my layout. For me this is sometimes the hardest part. Then, comes the fun. Deciding which Kiwi Lane templates to use. I go through my collection and pick out a few I think will look great together and start to arrange them around my photos to see if I like the arrangment.
 
When I have something I like I start tracing, cutting, and inking. The great thing about using Kiwi Lane Designer Templates is you can change your mind easily. If you decide you don't like the way it is turning out you can change it.
 
Adding embellishments adds more fun to your layouts and brings the Kiwi templates to life!
Here I used some buttons and flowers to give my layout some flair.
Be sure to ink the edges of your paper too. It really changes the entire outlook of your layers. I used a CTMH chocolate Ink on my layout.
 
 For my borders I used 4 different Kiwi Lane Designer Tempates: Chevrons 1A and 1B, Chestnut Drive 1A and 1B, as well as Wacky 1T and Adventure 6.
 
My tag was created using Tag 3 as a base. But I altered it by trimming the top and the sides to make it fit my space better. I also added some LoveBug Creations Rumple Ribbon to the stick pin holding it in place and used CTMH stamps. All in all I'd say this turned out GREAT!
 
I can't thank you enough for checking out my project. It means the world to me and I hope you truly enjoyed it. May it inspire you to create something wonderful!   Scrappy Hugs!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your well deserved new dt position. Your page turned out wonderfully. Just love the autumn hues.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout!! I always have a problem putting flowers on boy pages. Anybody else like that. Would love to hear some feedback on this

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and fab LO....wow love all of your cool and creative idea.
    Congrats on being the DT have fun and enjoy your new title.
    You are a very talented scrapper!!1

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets