Thursday, March 9, 2017

Lucky Me~Lucky You

Pin It
Hi everyone!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards and it's my turn to post today...I look forward to this every month!

Here's the project I'm sharing using the Lucky Titles by Miss Kate Cuttables, our sponsor this month.  Both titles are included in the file, so I decided to use both because they just belong together!



I decided to turn these titles into rocker cards and I think they turned out nicely.  If you're not familiar with rocker cards, it's just a circle scored and folded down the middle. 

My color palette started with the patterned paper from the Irish at Heart Kit by Linda's Digi Creations.  I colored the greeting and shamrocks using the various greens in the kit and imported a solid colored paper to create the background.

After printing the plaid, I matched it to the Cucumber Crush card stock by Stampin' Up.  Before attaching the plaid paper, I embossed it with the Square Lattice embossing folder.  A little bit of bling in the form of green sequins and the front was finished.


 I printed the sentiment using the AlwaysHere font, color matched to the card stock.



Here's the second card; essentially the same as the first.



I made this card first as a joke because it's pretty egotistical, don't you think?  Then I thought it would be a cute idea to include both cards in one envelope...a matched set, so to speak.



I want to mention Miss Kate Cuttables, our sponsor, again and invite you to visit them on their website here, their store here and their Facebook galleria here.


And don't forget the monthly challenge at Connie Can Crop.  This month we have a sketch challenge.


Here's the sketch:



One winner, picked at random, will receive three cut files of their choice from Miss Kate.  Connie's Design Team will also pick their three favorite entries.  You'll receive a badge to place on your blog or social media...plus bragging rights!  For more information, just click here.



6 comments:

  1. I love the fun design of this beautiful card!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very CUTE!!! Thanks for sharing.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very very cute Kim, I love this rocker card. Wonderful job. Tfs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card came out so pretty Kim!!! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets