Thursday, June 15, 2017

Flyin' By

Pin It
Hello everyone!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards.  Today, for my Connie Can Crop design team post, I'm using a digital image by our sponsor this month, Sasayaki Glitter.



This particular image is named Shy in the Sky, and he sure is a cutie.  I opted to use a Z-fold card to showcase him.




To begin, I brought the image into my Silhouette design screen; sized and reversed it.  I traced it, turning it into a print and cut.  The propeller was cut a second time, so I could pop it for added dimension.  I colored him with Copic markers and added a bit of bling by Eyelet Outlet; an Enamel Dot on the propeller and Round Jewels on the wing, darkening them both a bit to match the card stock.  Here's a closer look at him:




The card base and band was cut from Night of Navy card stock, starting with the Pop Up Box Card cut file by Lori Whitlock.  I used the Carried Away Designer Series Paper as the perfect backdrop for this high-flyin' pilot.  For the band, I took the traced outline from the image and welded it for additional support for the image.  The inserts were included with the cut file.

I created a little banner to attached to the back of the plane and the remainder of the sentiment appears when you open the card.




And here's a final look down from the top so you can see how the inserts are placed in the center square.




Before I leave you, I want to remind you about Connie Can Crop's monthly challenge.  This month, the theme is, "It's a Guy Thing".  You can make any sort of a project you want so long as it follows the theme.  One winner, picked at random,  will receive a prize from our sponsor. 

The team will also pick their three favorites...those selected will receive a badge for their blog or social medial...plus bragging rights!  If you'd like to link up to the challenge or obtain additional details regarding the challenge, just click here.


6 comments:

  1. Love love your card Kim. So cute and the box you made, just perfect. Tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!!! Love the design and the paper I'll need some of that to scrap pics of my trip to Japan.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets