Thursday, April 25, 2013

Throwback Thursdays

Pin It
Welcome to Throwback Thursdays!

A new kind of fun on my blog where you get to see projects I have created in my early days of scrapbooking. Some of these projects may surprise you! (Because we all start somewhere!) LOL!

I hope you get a kick out of seeing the progression in my work, I know I do!

When did you first begin to scrapbook?
For me I started in middle school but my idea of scrapbooking back then was to put my photos in a sticky album and cut out fun words or photos of my favorite guys or bands or things and add them sporadically on the pages. So funny! I wish I still had a few of those pages laying around but I don't.
 
If you ever attended a Creative Memories home party you would know that the reason I don't have those albums still is because they turned yellow. They were not acid free and neither were those magazine clippings. So those photos all sit in a box for now waiting for the day I am caught up and current so I can go back and re-do my childhood memories.
 
I guess it is probably safe to say that I started scrapping for reals when I attended my very first CM party with my best friend. I was hooked instantly! And man those first few pages were something!
But I wouldn't be here today if it weren't for Leslie and CM so thank you Leslie and thank you CM!!

 
I'm sharing one of the first layouts created at that CM party way back in 1999. Wow so long ago!! LOL!
Check out my fancy smanshy border I made with a pen! Hey that's called doodling now! Who knew I could doodle way back then!

 
Again the Good Ole ABC Stickers!! And Mrs. Grossman stickers! I used to love them!
 
And my really funny journaling! Every picture needed an explanation back then!
 This is sure to bring back some fond memories for everyone!
I hope that you have enjoyed my project as much as I enjoyed sharing it with you. I love receiving comments and new followers. It means so much to me! So please feel free to drop me a note and follow my blog for more inspiration, giveaways, and tips.

Happy Crafting and Scrappy Hugs!
Don't forget to enter my new Monthly Challenge #9 Fun Puns.
Only 5 more days to play!!!

2 comments:

  1. To funny! It is so cool to look back on our past layout. My first album I did was a Disney trip and it is jus filled with stickers' now look at my new layout and giggle. I will not change anything in that album because is was once a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I LOVE this post!! I too started scrapbooking in earnest through CM and yes, my early pages looked kind of like that...only with more patterned paper (as in loud and clashing patterned paper). Actually, you held back pretty well with those Mrs. Grossman's stickers because I've seen layouts that were just covered with stickers in random places!!
    Thanks for these throwback peeks...so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets