Thursday, December 15, 2016

Stella Secret Pal Card Bundle

Pin It

Hi folks!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards and it's my day to post!  A day I always look forward to!

I decided to share a project I've been wanting to make for a very long time using Bugaboo Stamp's Stella Calendar images.  You’ve all heard of the Fruit of the Month Club, the Wine of the Month Club and the dozens of other monthly  gift clubs.  Well here's my version of a Card of the Month Club.

Who is Stella you might ask?  Well. if you look in the dictionary under cantankerous, you would most definitely find a picture of Stella there!  And you might find reference to her under surly,  disagreeable and ill-tempered as well.   Stella is older--old enough to have an opinion about everything and no qualms in sharing it with you, whether you wanted to hear it or not!  And here's what I did using digis of this outspoken lady:



When I was young, about 7 or 8, I got a card in the mail from a Secret Pal.  I was thrilled to get a card like this and racked my brain trying to figure out who sent it.  At that age, it didn't occur to me to check for a return address or examine the handwriting for clues.  The following month, another card arrived.  The next month brought a third and so on until I got the 12th card when my Secret Pal revealed herself to be my aunt.

Now, about this card bundle; I used the calendar images to make a dozen cards, one for each month, that a woman "of a certain age", like myself, would appreciate.  You don't have to be a "secret" pal, but you're sure to bring a smile once a month to the recipient of these cards.  If you're interested in seeing the individual cards, including the sentiments in the cards, just click here and you'll be taken to my blog's sister post.



If you visit me to see more, be sure to come back to get all the details about our monthly challenge.  This month's theme is, "Baby It's Cold Outside".




6 comments:

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets