Friday, January 6, 2017

Sprinkled!

Pin It
Hi! It's Kim from Katydid Cards and I'm excited to be continuing for another year as a member of Connie's design team...I can't believe a year has flown by so fast.  It has been a great year working with Connie and sharing my projects with you, her loyal followers.

To kick off the new year, I'm sharing a card make with an image from our sponsor this month, Kitty Bee Designs.


I opted to use the cute Cotton Candy Panda image.


I decided to turn the digital image into a card with a shaped edge; so I sized it, traced it and cut it and here is the result.  I took a little artistic license and turned the cotton candy into ice cream, but the Panda didn't mind...he likes ice cream.  The back of the card looked a tad plain, so I also cut a mini circle border down the side.  I had to place colored card stock behind this card as it blended into the background and I couldn't get a good picture.





I wanted the ice cream to appear as if there were sprinkles on it.  So, I stamped it with VersaMark, coated it with UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel) and drizzled with various colors of embossing powder.  Not the most successful idea I've ever had.  You can tell there's somethin' in that embossing but not exactly sure what...looks more like salt and pepper than sprinkles.  But I think it's always good to try something new and learn from your experiences.

If you want to more about how this card came together, visit me at Katydid Cards.  If you do visit, be sure to say hello!

https://conniecancrop.blogspot.com/2016/12/monthly-challenge-54-anything-goes.html


Don't forget to enter Connie Can Crop's monthly challenge!  This month the theme is anything goes...can't get any easier to enter than that!  For more details about the challenge, just click here.

And
don't miss out on our BIG
going on all week long!
10 sponsors and 10 amazing prizes!!


Hope to see you there!



8 comments:

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets