Thursday, August 31, 2017

DT Day with Paper Nest Dolls

Pin It
Hi, Sue from Sue's Paper Crafts with you today is my day to share my project made with this month's sponsor image from Paper Nest Dolls. I choose this cute mermaid to work with because I love mermaids and lighthouses.
 
 
 
I have had this little cutting board for a few months trying to decide what to do with it. It measures 5 1/2" tall (without the handle) x 4 1/2" wide. I got it at a little place called The Kitchen Collection, it was only a couple of dollars.
 
After I colored the image with colored pencils I fussy cut it then I coated the cutting board with a coat of Mod Podge. When the first coat dried I put a coat on the back of the cutout mermaid and adhered it to the board. After it dried I put another layer of Mod Podge over all of it.
 
I added some jewels and a ribbon.
 
Please come and join in the fun with this month's Watercolors challenge at Connie Can Crop.
 
 

 

3 comments:

  1. Such a cute mermaid image. What a clever idea to place it on a cutting board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! And what a great idea for the cutting board too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. Wonderful altered cutting board, Tfs.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets