Thursday, August 17, 2017

Snowflake Wishes

Pin It

Hi there!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards.  Today I'm sharing my design team project using an image from our sponsor this month.



I decided to use the Caroling Snowmen for my card today.  I wanted to try a new to me card fold technique and this image worked perfectly for the front panel!


The image was colored with Copic markers and then accented by both white and black Nuvo Drops and red Stickles.  The image was printed twice; tracing and cutting one of them to pop it on dimensionals.  A little shading behind the snowmen and sponged around the edges with Soft Suede ink to provide depth.   I think you can see all that dimension in this close-up:


The card fold is called Double Z Joy Fold card...at least that's what it was called in the tutorial.  I combined Real Red and Soft Suede card stocks for the base and Whisper White for the image and sentiment panels.  Here's another look at it down from the top:


 I didn't take a good picture from the opposite angle so you could see the sentiment and another panel covered with patterned paper from the retired Stampin' Up My Digital Studio.  The sentiment says:

"Wishing you snowflakes, friendship and winter cheer."

I hope you get the chance to visit Paper Nest Dolls to see their complete collection.


And how about joining us in the monthly challenge on Connie Can Crop.  This month the theme is water coloring.  Any sort of project will work just so long as there's some sort of water-color technique.  You can find all the details here.

3 comments:

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets