Friday, February 10, 2017

Get Well Soon Blog Hop

Pin It

Welcome to the 
Get Well Soon Blog Hop
Being Sick is definitely not fun! Recovering from a surgery, accident, or severe illness is even worse. We are here to spread some sunshine and smiles and help inspire you to remember that sending even the simplest of cards to someone when they are feeling bad can help brighten their day.

  
If you just happened upon this spectacular hop, Connie Can Crop is the first stop in this hop. 

This is a one day blog hop, but you have until Sunday to finish hopping and leaving your comments for all of these amazing crafters.



We have an awesome BRAND NEW sponsor for this month!

RUBY MARTHA with

One lucky winner will win a super cute limited edition stamp set from FSJ!!


Be sure to visit her website HERE.



What do you need to do to win? Easy... become  a follower of each of the fabulous blogs in this hop and leave each of them a comment letting them know what you like best about their projects.

You will have until 10 pm Sunday to finish the hop and leave your comments.
Winners will be announced on Wednesday 2/15/17
at Connie Can Crop.
Be sure to follow everyone and leave a comment along the way!

When I came up with the idea for this hop, I had several people in mind. Friends and loved ones that I know who have been ill, in the hospital, and battling for their lives. I realized I didn't have enough cards and I needed to create more for occasions like this. 

This card I decided to create, I wanted to be upbeat and cute for a friend and former high school sister Bernadette Baldanado, who was battling cancer. I wanted something she could look at that would maybe cheer her up and make her smile.

The day I finished this card, I found out that sweet Bernie, had passed away, and is no longer suffering. My card never made it to her. But my prayers and my love did.



This hop is dedicated to the memory of Bernadette. She was an amazing friend, a brilliant student, a loving wife, and an awesome mother of 3. She will always be remembered for her bright spirit and warm heart. She will be missed by us all. Please take a moment to say a prayer for her and her family and loved ones. This journey has not been an easy one for any of them. 

I created this adorable Get Well Box Card using some Print N Cut files
from Miss Kate Cuttables.

 My paper and cardstock were from my stash I had on hand. I love the colors!

 The sentiment on the back is from Close to my Heart.
(sorry for the blurry pic)

If we could bring you back again,
For one more hour or day,
We’d express all our unspoken love;
We’d have countless things to say.

If we could bring you back again,
We’d say we treasured you,
And that your presence in our lives
Meant more than we ever knew.

If we could bring you back again,
To tell you what we should,
You’d know how much we miss you now,
And if we could, we would.
RIP Bernie!! We love you always!

 Up next is my super talented friend Christi..I am sure she has something amazing!

Here's our line up in case you get lost:




Don't forget to check out this month's new challenge!!



Connie Can Crop Challenge #55




due 11:59 P.M., Tuesday, February 28th, 2017
Pacific Time 

30 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful box card :-D
    RIP Bernadette xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie, I am sure Bernadette is looking down and loving your card you made her and saying what a special friend you are. Please accept my deepest condolences to you and her family. You and her family are in my thoughts and prayers. Christi

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful box card!! Sorry for your loss of your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love box cards and this one is great. I am sorry for the loss of your friend. It seems I have had to make too many get-well and sympathy cards lately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First, I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. Next, your card-in-a-box card is fantastic. I love the shape of the flaps, the get well necessities inside and the colors couldn't be more perfect! I think I'm going to have to try to duplicate this! Thank you for hosting another wonderful blog hop. What ever did I do with my life before I had the good fortune of meeting you. You are a gift that keeps on giving. Hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry for your loss Connie, but so thankful she is at peace now.
    Your card is wonderful, such a fun box card, she would have loved it I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am very sorry for your loss, Connie. Your card is so cute and fun I am sure that Bernie would have loved it.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your get well box card. May have to borrow this idea to send a few of my own. Thanks for sharing. So sorry for your loss!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry for your loss, Connie. Your card is amazing. I've never made a box card. I find them so intimidating. You did a fantastic job.

    Sharon
    A Piece Of (my) Heart Blog
    **Make sure to visit my blog to grab some really great FREE Digi Sentiments.**

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry for your friend loss, Connie. I lost 2 friends to cancer. One chose to not see anyone during her chemo treatment. I would go by her house and her husband would tell me she was not seeing anyone. I heard she recovered but loss touch with her and she no longer lives at address I had. Other friend was my rescued Hound dog who I had to put down due to cancer of the tongue in 2014. Cancer sucks! Like your MKC box card. Like MKC SVG files. Like the papers you chose. Like the dimension of the band aid.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry for your loss, Connie.Such a beautiful box card. Love the cute details.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M


    ReplyDelete
  13. I have this same paper line and I am afraid to use it because it will be all gone! LOL But this box may make me break it out? I know what you mean by not having enough cards, I have the same problem, so I am excited about this hop. I am a new member because of it and have no idea how I found it either, just last night even! Happy dance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well so glad you found us! I will let Michelle know! Thanks!

      Delete
  14. BTW Michelle Kinder's link does not work how do we tell her?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is beautiful! So sorry for your loss!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So Sorry for your loss Connie...this card is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a sweet tribute to your friend. Your card is lovely. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your get well box card is so cheerful! Your friend would have loved it. I am sorry for your loss. Her family and friends will be in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the box. She would have loved it. So sorry for you loss. Thoughts and prayers go out you everyone that loved her.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card. Our thoughts and prayer go out to you and her family during this time of need.

    ReplyDelete
  21. what a lovely card, I am so sorry for your loss Connie. may your friend RIP.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful box card Connie. Again my most sincere condolences. Losing a friend is like loosing a family member. I'll keep you and your friend's family in my prayers. Thank you for hosting this lovely blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am so sorry about your friend, your box card is super adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  24. So sorry for your loss Connie! Like you said, she is in a better place now, no pain, no suffering. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So sorry for your loss cancer is an ugly thing RIP
    Love he card

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a beautiful message for your friend. Wonderful card, too. Thanks again for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awesome card Connie! I am so sorry for your loss. It is really awesome of you to dedicate this hop to your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the pop-up box card, Connie! So sorry for the loss of your friend. :-( Thanks for letting me be part of your wonderful hop!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets