Friday, August 16, 2013

Fun in the Sun Blog Hop

Pin It


Welcome to “Fun In The Sun” Blog Hop! So glad you can join us!

If you are coming from SANDY, then you are in the right spot. If you just happened to stumble upon my site or your reading this via e-mail, please start at MIRANDA'S BLOG so you don’t miss anyone’s amazing projects!

We will be showcasing summer time projects! In addition to seeing some awesome projects, there is some blog candy available too! 
Scrapping for Less is sponsoring a wonderful prize. A prize of your choosing. Scrapping for Less is a Facebook Scrapbook Retail store where Teresa Russell sells scrapbook supplies...hot, trendy, current, and brand new to the market supplies at less than retail costs. It is basically a retail/pre-order group where you commit to ordering what is offered up for sale and then invoices are sent just a couple days before the stated order date. There are also typically current "items in stock" available for purchase also.

Scrapping for Less is offering a $20 credit to the winner of the hop. You must comment on each stop in order to be eligible to win the credit. Just click on the image below in order to go to group and ask to join. Thanks for hopping with us today.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/372187582880346/ 
Head over to Scrapping for Less to see what 
Teresa has to offer!!!!
Make sure to leave a comment on each stop because the winner can be chosen from any of the participants blogs!
Nothing screams fun in the sun for me more than an awesome cruise on the Pacific Ocean down to Mexico!! So this layout was perfect for this blog hop.
I purchased this kit many years ago from a Scrapbook Expo and it has just been sitting on my shelf waiting for that special moment. So what better moment than this hop?

 
I know what you are thinking...why buy a kit like this when I own a Cricut? Well...because I bought this a long time ago. Long before I mastered my Cricut. I know that I could recreate this layout now. And you know maybe I will. So stay tuned...LOL!
For now check out these close ups.
 

Lots of hand (faux) stitching.
And white twine on the life preserver.

 

I can't thank you enough for checking out my project. It means the world to me and I hope you truly enjoyed it. May it inspire you to create something wonderful!

Happy Crafting and Scrappy Hugs,


 Don't miss out on the challenge for August...
Connie Can Crop Challenge #13
Back to School
due 11:59 P.M. Saturday August 31st
Pacific Time

Your next stop is LISA!!

 
Here is the entire line up, should you get lost along the way:




24 comments:

  1. What an AWESOME LO! I still buy kits because sometimes, I'm just lazy!!! LOL Thanks for hopping with me today!!!
    Miranda :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY cool layout!! And you just got me super excited for my cruise that's in 25 days!! I love the layout, and I am VERY excited to see how YOU recreate it! Ill be checking back :) Great job girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your bright and happy layout! Your color choices are awesome to capture this memory. Great job on the faux stitching...it was worth the time, looks great!
    ~Donna K

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful kit - so much color, texture, and fun! Wonderful hopping with a LBC CT sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute LO Connie!!! Its fun to use things we got before we could cricut it up ;) Too cute!!

    Bug hugs,
    Kimi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I make a lot of layouts but I still purchase scrapbook layout kits as well! Sometimes I just love to pull a layout together quickly! This is perfect! Love all of the details!
    Hugs!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT layout!!! Love the water and the cruise ship!! Now I want to go on a cruise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clever layout. Love the waves and the cruise ship cutouts and the heading is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is awesome, love it!! Love the close up of the boat and the title

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gotta use what you have, such a cute layout. I definetly think you need to do a Cricut follow- up one, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sometimes use these kits too. Love how you added your own detailed stitching! Makes me want to cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great looking LO.

    marg0006 at Verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous layout!! I love that title with the life presevers as the O's I can totally see this layout made with Cricut but the kit was super cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My goodness- this is a wonderful and fun layout! I'm enjoy all the projects on the hop!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love everything about this layout!! The colors and design were amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your layout is super cute! I am going to be looking forward to seeing your re-creation of something like this...I know it will be awesome. Thanks for sharing your layout and inviting me to the Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the colors that you used. This kit came with everything to make it perfect. Thanks for sharing Enjoying the blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great kit .. I have one like it somewhere and I bought it for the same reasons:) I may just have to dig it out :) Great layout thank you very much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic layout!! I love the bright colors and the faux stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an awesome kit and the perfect reason to use it! TFS!

    ~Ashley
    proudusmcwife@gmail.com
    http://marinewifesscrappinlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super awesome layout
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes August Linky Party. Have a great daymy friend
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets